Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Banner Battery 53030 and 53034 info

anthonym

(this is two emails combined to display as one)

530 30 has + terminal right
530 34 has + terminal left

the production has been changed years ago. To our distributors we only
supply wet batteries (exept some bike battery types)
The only problem is a transport by plane.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely,

Banner GmbH
Banner Straße 1
4021 Linz
Österreich

I've used both without really thinking about it. 

What it amounts to is which way round we find we have to install it. Terminals facing front of the car or rear.

I think I have in earlier years used 53034 and now find the 53030 is much easier because I don't have to "stretch" all the cables to reach round the front facing side of the battery, when the cabling is all at the rear.

Banner_53030.png.b38bf34dc396f5961d9bf5e4cee59ec8.png

Banner_53034png_0.png.5ed04ac61c1f259ead44fa45f5d768de.png from CC site, so they sell 53034 currently.

so, it does not help that in normal pose, which way round the terminals are is hidden from view. That explains a lot.

edit: I need to check if in future I fit a 53034 my cables will still reach. I have a standard loom so I suppose they should.

and from CC web parts: 

You will need to fill up with Battery acid prior to use as this unit is dry-charged

Wet (ready-to-go) batteries are available to collect from Dartford - Please e-mail Parts@Caterham.com to reserve and quote part number 53034W

That para is inconsistent with what Banner told me (today) in the opening quote to this post, so worth a check about acid content. Looks like it's just out of date text.

that's it I think.

anthony

I guess it depends on your setup; and whether you have a master switch. My earth lead exists forward to the starter motor bolt and the positive lead exists forward directly to the starter motor, so in.my case the forward terminals are more convenient. But in your case things fit nicely the other way around. That's the thing with these Caterhams ... no two are the same!