Build manual for R500 Duratech

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
r300chris
r300chris's picture
Build manual for R500 Duratech

Hi all, I'm trying to get hold of build manual for my car, however I'm aware that caterham didn't issue a specific one as they were mainly built in house.  I've tried Jonathan Kay, but all manuals he has are not quite right for detail I'm after. I'm looking mainly for data on hydraulic clutch, as I managed to shear off bell housing to clutch slave copper pipe.  I've fixed this using a standard CSR clutch pipe. But would like any info to prevent such a calamity again.

Will post photos when I've worked out how to do it

any info appreciated regards Chris

r300chris
r300chris's picture

r300chris
r300chris's picture

SM25T
SM25T's picture
Ouch. How did you manage that ?
r300chris
r300chris's picture

I tried to undo bleed nipple, which was seized in fitting that's shown, rotated it, I then tried turning other way and the hydraulic oil then came out bottom of bell housing. It sheared copper pipe.  I should have held the nut !!.  Luckily I have an access port, but not easy to repair in situ.

John Vine
John Vine's picture

I don't think the assembly of bell-housing hydraulic contents figures in any of CC's Assembly Guides, simply because that type of assembly would be carried out before the kit is dispatched.

It might be worth asking CC if they have any technical data sheets or Workshop Notices on the subject.

JV

r300chris
r300chris's picture

Thanks John will try that