Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dead power socket rear harness 2009 Sigma

Scotland North AR

Hi, just learned the other day about the power socket spade connectors on the back of the harness near the light connections. The black is earth and has continuity with earth. The green and purple appears dead. The 10 amp fuse is ok. Any suggestions where else to look?

I was going to connect the intercom to it rather than keep the wire that runs from the cigarette lighter at the front.

Thanks.

Thanks for that Jonathan. I did have the "T" piece harness in for the high level brake light but you are right, power does indeed come on to the connectors I'm talking about when the brake pedal is pressed.

There is a dotted line on the wiring diagram for the power socket so not sure whether this means that bit of the harness may or may not be fitted.

In breaking news, just remembered taking a few photos when I took the tunnel cover off the other week. Checked the photos, hey presto the t shaped connector is tywrapped to the chassis just behind the gearstick. Removed cover just now.

Checked the voltage, live all the I.e. not switched.

I'll post a photo later on.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

IMG_2759.jpeg.bb2ef6fda7dcf8ca46736db7d934aec6.jpeg

I have just found this connector cable tied to the chassis on the bulkhead behind the driver's seat.

I can't find a connector with purple/black and black wires on the wiring diagram.  The fitted grommet would indicate that it should have gone through either the bulkhead or the floor.

Does anyone know what this is meant to supply?

MattB

Jonathan

The rear brake light connectors (one for a green/purple wire, one for a black wire - two separate white connectors) are tied up to the side of the fuel tank, so this is definitely not a brake light connector.

The feed wire is black/purple (only just noticed that the purple is the tracer).

MattB