Draught excluder for 2007 CSR

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue7
Blue7's picture

David, I have been searching for that email from you for hours, thanks for posting ... maybe you could send it again?  It could be a handy accessory when we travel down your way ... never required up here of course because we always have such fabulous weather ... not wot like you get doon in Nicorla's wide belt  Biggrin

Gavel

Ian, I took your advice and took delivery today. Had a brief play with it tonight when I got home and I can see distinct possibilities. Any specific advice in fitting would be gratefully accepted. For example, do you fasten if down with anything? Cable ties, Velcro, bungees? 

SM25T
SM25T's picture
Which Ian ?
Blue7
Blue7's picture

I assume it must be "Ian B" with his sumex sunshade but can you actually see through that mesh or does it completely obscure rear vision, which is not ideal.  I would prefer David Brown's solution, you will at least have some vision through fly / insect screen

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biocare-Insect-Mesh/dp/B001VCJTZS/ref=sr_1_29?keywords=fly+screen&qid=1565684156&s=gateway&sr=8-29

NWales AR
NWales AR's picture

Indeed it was Ian B's Sumex. The jury is very much out on its effectiveness but I need something desperately. I take all comments about being a wus on the chin, but living in darkest North Wales, where the rain comes in with a vengeance, I need to at least try ... I even put the full hood up the other day with skinned knuckles and broken finger nails to prove it.

I too like the idea of making my own, it's Plan B if all else fails.

Alan Reeves

Go for it...nothing is going to keep you fully dry but these ideas will break the rain drops down and 

help greatly. And looking through the mesh works fine.

ive used a SBFS one that is to small but better then nothing , ignore the jibes 

Blue7
Blue7's picture

I have decided to have a go at a DIY version and have ordered 1 mtr. of this flyscreen which is advertised as waterproof

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SJHWMMU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My idea is to cut it to the shape of the inner roll bars and edge it with Gorilla tape.  Then insert poppers in the lower section to fasten onto the existing boot cover poppers that are screwed into the frame for a tonneau cover.  Then insert maybe 3 or 4 eyelets & grommets along the top section, through which I will thread velcro straps to fasten around the upper section of the roll bar and maybe a couple more either side  to attach to the side roll bars.  When not in use it can just be rolled up inside the half hood.   Sounds a good idea in theory but no doubt I will encounter some issue ... nevertheless I will give it a go.

SM25T
SM25T's picture
Just leave it attached permanently. You can see through the mesh
Blue7
Blue7's picture

Good point, or I could probably just roll it up / or down, like a roller blind

SM25T
SM25T's picture
With a full mesh and no doors, it remains calm in the cockpit up to around 60-70, unlike no doors and no mesh.