Draught excluder for 2007 CSR

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rogercsr7
Rogercsr7's picture

Made something like it a while back, but edged it with 2cm wide hemtape (out of Christine's  sewing box). Similar use of lower poppers and Velcro loops. Left in place these days as CSR used for touring only. Certainly calms things down in the cabin and cuts out rear spray with the halfhood in place.

AAR for N E Yorks

Ian B
Sorry Gavel, don't come on here much now. No, no need to fix the mesh with anything. It has a "wire" edging to it which I push up under the half hood so it just goes over the top of the roll bar, which holds it in place. It's also held in place between the rear roll bar braces and the half hood straps that run down the top face of them. The bottom edge sometimes bows up a little in the middle but it's not a problem. You can see through the mesh fine, and it keeps the spray (and most of the rain if parked up) from coming into the cockpit and down the bulkhead behind the seats. For a couple of quid it's a very effective accessory.

The Completely Superior Ride Seven Wink

NWales AR
NWales AR's picture

Ian B, thanks so much for your response I confess I’m not on here much, but I’m changing my opinion, the helpful suggestions I’m getting on my initial post is very encouraging.

i shall give your solution a go at the weekend when I attend the Tatton, Chester, meet (when it’s sure to rain!). 

NWales AR
NWales AR's picture

Blue 7, thanks for your post - sounds like a great solution. Please let us know how you get on.