How can I protect my Pipercross PX600 C603D air filter?

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
7 wonders of th...

I looked at ITG having used them previously and they don't offer a really deep sausage (I run C604D) only a deep box filter, also looked at Ramair too.

John Vine
John Vine's picture

Re #21:

Thanks, Tazio.   I asked ITG the same question.  They suggested the JC50/S/100 sausage filter, which would clip onto the bottom edge of my backplate.  They also indicated how I'd need to modify it:

That, of course, is a non-starter.  Why would I want to massacre a tasty c/f part costing £250, and lose the ability to fit the PX filter in the future should I want to?  I've asked them if they can recommend a suitable ITG baseplate to match these dimensions:

JV

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

JV - Remember that there is a minimum distance required between the inner face of the filter & the trumpet lip.  From memory the distance is based on the dia of the trumpet intake & the trumpet length.

Would not want to strangle that wonderful 400D ?

I am sure someone will be along shortly with the exact formula...............

John Vine
John Vine's picture

You're right, Geoff.  The internal height of the C603D is 90mm, so there's 55mm of clearance at the centre line of the trumpet.

JV

John Vine
John Vine's picture

I've now fitted my new filter, and added some IVA trim along the bottom edge of the cut-out.  I've also knocked up a little plastic guard to provide some protection.  It's clamped tightly between the bonnet and chassis rail.  I'll test it out tomorrow.

JV