Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series 1600 1998 Temperature

markerobson

Hi all

Just to say I've fixed it with a quick fix. I took multi plug off sender and cleaned with contact cleaner and hey presto it fixed it, so all good now, 

Took for a quick ride to Rye and temperature averaging 60-80. 

Thanks Mark 

I have a similar problem - the temperature drops randomly from mid-80's (quickly, in a few seconds) to between 60 & 70 for no apparent reason and then back up again after several minutes (up to approx. 15 sometimes). I have not yet cleaned any contacts but will do that before I drive it again.

I do not know/understand the workings of the sender or gauge so any explanation of how the sender could be apparently partially working would be helpful. I would expect it to either work correctly or not work at all. *confused* 

I do not know/understand the workings of the sender or gauge so any explanation of how the sender could be apparently partially working would be helpful. I would expect it to either work correctly or not work at all.

Yes. First I'd exclude problems with the thermostat and fan. That sort of fault could be caused by a bad contact somewhere, but that would more commonly result in a reading at the end of the scale.

But if the fault occurs often enough you can check with a multimeter and a wiring diagram... 

Jonathan