Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series R400 fuel pump issue ....

Markiebabes

Hi all

after breaking down in France (luckily got back to the ferry) with a fuel pump issue, wiring broken at resin block on pump!

I'm looking for a pump assembly or to re-mount pump outside the tank any ideas?

Or photos of what you've done?

SM25T has kindly sent some pics(thanks again Ian) but being told by redline it was a one off job!

So now looking for a replacement pump and wiring or a way to install an external pump.

Please help!

Tia *thumbup*

Mark

Yes the newer Ford tank is another option I was looking at.

Supply issues won't be a problem for the near future.

Ian

I'm airing towards the external pump idea just struggling to get the bits, pump easy tanked plate adapter not so easy.

Will speak to arch as thy build the tanks and see if they could do an adapter plate with pick up fitted, like yours and just bolts in.

I think ti's may be the way forward as lots of k series cars will find sourcing parts difficult in the coming years!

Hi Tom

Yes asked on FB and thank you for the links.

But because my wiring has fallen to bits I think I am in need of the whole flange with wiring attached!

Unless I can dremel it back and resolder contacts??

Hence looking at all options.

Tazio

Yep Tom linked to the motorsport version but the wiring at the plug on carrier is going to be the issue sadly.

With slight mods to the K tank you can run a Bosch 044 or Similar external pump, these need a gravity feed so you would need to weld an outlet and short pick up tube into the right lower corner with pick up in the same place as the old pump, 

You will also need a prefilter (circa 8-100 micron) and them plumb into existing filter after the pump.

I still thinks you’re  better exhausting the possibility of using the internal pump. You can replace the pump as I’ve linked, but if you went down this route, I’m sure a component auto electrician could wire in a new cable and solder it to the correct connections. I can’t recall the details, but I think it’s a econseal plug, two wires in a a common sleeve, with the wires passing through the resin block into the cradle and then terminating in the cradle. 

Im sure it’s not difficult if you can solder neatly - after all, that’s how it was made in the first place. Plus you can clean all the gunk out behind the tank, derust and clean up properly assuming the tank was removed to extract the pump and cradle.