Click here if you are having website access problems ×

KR500 new loom quiz

anthonym

The green plug is for the barometric air pressure sensor. A little "box"  that's som3.5x8x1.5cm - have one at home so can take a picture if you need.

If I were you I'd start laying up the loom on the top of the old without taking anything off. You'll soon get it.

13 are for the injectors; 11 for the crank position sensor and 16 is for the throttle pot. The brown (5a) will be for one of the water temp sensors at the water rail. Try the brown one :-p 6a is for the lambda sensor.

I am almost certain that 17 and 18 are for the alternator and then 19 will go to the oil pressure sensor.

My initial guess is that 15 is the air temp sensor - don't know the colour on an R500 - mine is off an EU3 and is green. It goes in the air filter backplate.

Grey plug (14)  attaches to the main loom

2 & 5b are for the mfru.

Just had a further look, here is what I have. But it comes with a health warning - some are not absolutes, but they can be easily confirmed with a test meter back to the ECU pin out using the above diagram. 

1 = ecu

2 = mfru

3 = to the purple +12V feed on the main loom?

5a = ECU Temp

4 & 6b = look like earths from the wiring diagram I have

6a = Lambda

7&9 = look like oil and water temp for the STACK

10 = Could be the fan relay control – if so it should go to pin 33 on ECU plug

11 = Crank sensor

12 = Coil

14 = Loom plug (Grey)

15 = Manifold Air Temp Sender

17 = Alternator

18 = Alternator

19 = Oil pressure (STACK Sensor)

58 = mfru

13 Injectors (last on the line should be No1)

16 = TPS

@rj you mentioned EU3 has a green air temp sensor, which my car has, but it's EU2. This new loom has a white I think is for the air temp. I gather an EU2 MFRU works with an EU3 car but not vice versa. I'm perplexed by the permutations of that info. Far as I know (I use that word loosely) my car is EU2

EDIT: change 5a on car: KB to GO

THE ASTERISK MEANS the colours of the wires in my loom are different, which assumes I have identified the right connector.

here's where I am up to:

The C numbers are from revilla's nonVVC png diagram

1 C159 MBE connector Black

2 C154 to MFRU

3 12v *BS Brown/White BW male spade connects to female spade on the (famous) Purple wire, which supplies 12 volts.

4 C183 B+ from Alternator, connect to battery positive (remote post). Clearly one solid thick cable.

5a C169 *KB/KG Coolant sensor, Green/Orange GO (not KB) Black B located in coolant hose to rear left of engine, next to “fan switch”.

5b C157 to MFRU

6a C164 Lamda sensor connect to “sub-loom” (has six connects but only four are used).

6b C151 to battery negative terminal (Not Bulkhead) (this is clearly a binding of several (black) wires.

7 Oil temp sensor Green/Yellow GY Black B at bottom of dry sump housing/tower.

9 C187 Fan temp “switch”, located next to the 5a coolant sensor.

10 C179 NR to Solenoid Brown/Red NR on starter (or the “starter relay mod”.)

11 C168 WU/UP White/Blue Blue/Purple I THINK this is the flywheel  (Crank) sensor connect, but mine has a different wire pair that look home made, and I have a redundant connector with only a white to it, suggesting something happened to the black and it was replaced entirely).

12 C156 NK/WB Coil.  Brown/Pink NK  and White/Black WB

13 C521/2/3/4 Injector sub-loom.

14 C162 THE “Grey connector” that connects this the engine loom to the Main loom.

15 C174 *KB/GB Air Temp sensor Green G Black B.  Located on the back of the throttle body plate, in the centre.

16 C175  *YG YP KB Throttle position sensor 1=Yellow/White YW Y 2=Yellow Y 3=Black B . 17 C183 N B+ to the Alternator Brown N.

18 C185 NY D+ to the Alternator Brown/Yellow NY - terminates at Ignition fused/with warning light.

19 C187  Oil pressure sender, remote or not, mine is remote. I think. Brown/White and Black - Note the BROWN/WHITE is doubled being TWO Brown/White wires terminated as one. The wiring diagram shows these two wires terminate one to the Grey Plug on Pin 8 and the other to ECU Pin 27

NOT PRESENT?

C177 Stepper motor

C152 Charcoal canister purge valve

just a little heads up for anyone like me looking at the colour coding on the actual wires, some of the colours are invisible or different unless viewed with a bright white light, like a good torch. I guess daylight should work, but I haven't tried that. anthony 

@jk wondering if this editor allows us to use tables.

Table creation tool:

ScreenShot2018-10-08at08_42_43.png.60e633a8ed1abc6ae5392f6887e841dd.png

Trying that:

those that belong to the Emperor
embalmed ones
those that are trained
suckling pigs
mermaids
fabulous ones
stray dogs
those included in the present classification
those that tremble as if they were mad
innumerable ones
those drawn with a very fine camelhair brush
others
those that have just broken a flower vase
those that from a long way off look like flies

That seems to work. I haven't experimented with editing an existing table.

Jonathan

hmmm.. not really very useful because we can't copy and paste data in to it edited to add "en mass", far as I can find, looks like we are expected to be entering data in to each table box, I think - and pasting table type data (like form excel shown further below) creates a bit of a mess. How did you populate your test table?

test content deleted

BUT the image cannot be zoomed to make it readable; so export it and load and zoom that, only to find the image has lost its resolution so is all fuzzy.

• 7 months later...

For posterity I am recording here my thanks to RevillA who travelled to Switzerland and fitted my new loom, including changing the ECU plug to the Emerlald K6 which alone is no mean feat. On top of this the Alpine Winter was fast approaching and it was C O L D in my unheated garage.

Thanks.

Anthony