Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Main Loom K R500 - Musings

anthonym

to answer my question in #27: https://www.lotus7.club/forum/techtalk/car-wont-start-solved-pump-no-feed-part-

Everyone (around me) keeps saying don.t it doesn’t need it .. and it’s NLA, I want to change the main loom side grey plug though. And if I do, Stack offer a Stack sub loom for that part, not cheap though , they say so themselves. That then simplifies what’s left of the main loom.

Grey plug pinouts: (where the engine loom interfaces with the main chassis loom)

P1 B/Y Brown / Yellow Stack BY E
P2 W/B White / Brown Stack WB A
P3  B Black Earth at 3 way brake union bolt  (WHY? Lots of good earths elsewhere must check engine diagram) Upon inspection of the real loom this is B/W Black/White and goes to the MFRU Input at P6

P4 U/S Blue / Slate Immobiliser (Pin 9)
P5 _
P6 _
P7 G/U Green / Blue Stack GU P
P8 W/N White / Brown Stack WN D
P9 Y/G Yellow/Green Fuel pump 
P10 _
P11 NY Brown / Yellow Ignition Warning Light NY
P12 _
P13 (14) W White Start Button / Ignition
P14 (13) WR White/Red RW Start Button / Ignition

edit, odd, where's the horn wire? P/Y Purple / Yellow - according to the diagram it does not go via the grey plug.. aha, because it's not related to anything in the engine loom.

COLOUR KEY N = BROWN = 12v Supply B = BLACK = Earth W = WHITE = Ignition unfused power G = GREEN = Ignition fused power U=BLUE R = RED O = ORANGE P = PURPLE LG = LIGHT GREEN K = PINK Y = YELLOW S = SLATE

7wondersof the world muses: 

I would look at replacing the rest of the vehicle loom too since its of the same vintage and in my experience CC looms leave a lot to be desired......

rj muses:

Make one yourself.

I can point you to a good source for wires in all the colours and diameters your heart can wish for, most of the connectors and I trust Revilla will know where to get the rest.

As far as I remember the Stack connector is reusable as the wires are soldered in