OBD port location on CSR 260

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
James B
James B's picture
OBD port location on CSR 260

Err... feel a bit silly asking this but I can't find the OBD port on my 2005 CSR 260...  I've looked in all the obvious places and it isn't easily spotted; it certainly doesn't seem to be in the same location as on my 2012 S3 car.

Can anyone tell me where to look?  It's not the easiest or most comfortable of things twisting one's head upside down to see what lurks under the scuttle and dash areas.

James

SM25T
SM25T's picture
Phone photo with flash on ?
Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

Private Message sent.

Doctor
Doctor's picture

My CSR had it at a weird position cable tied around the steering column - not an easy thing to spot.  

Hanns Per

so was mine

MarkTheGoose
MarkTheGoose's picture

James - mine's here:

top right of picture - effectively just above my right knee when I'm in the car

Mine's a 2005 CSR

Mark, Orange CSR 200, Stack dash

Doctor
Doctor's picture

That's the one! 

James B
James B's picture

Found it!

It was, indeed, hidden away in a tight coil of wiring immediately above the steering column - not so different from Mark's car but rather more invisible.  It was so tightly bound I had to cut away three cable ties and wind back some harness tape to free it up - but I now have it 'free' and just about able to access it.

Job for the weekend (when it is a bit cooler) to connect up Easimap and see what's what. I'm particularly interested in the idle site mapping and TPS settings.

Thanks all for the input and advice.

James

Ian B
Ian B's picture
Sorry on further reflection I think mine was around there, but wasn't fùlly connnected, so we added one near the ecu. Will be interesting to see if you're able to get yours to work as it is.

The Completely Superior Ride Seven Wink

James B
James B's picture

Well, Ian - spot on...

I connected up Easimap and nothing...  Sure, there are four wires going into the OBD socket under the dash but there is no CAN connection from the ECU (so no data flow to allow Easimap functionality). I know this because I opened up the 36-way connector at the MBE ECU and there are no pins or wires in socket holes 8 and 9 - the low and high CAN outputs.

Of course, SBD have a cable for this exact purpose but it costs a fair bit for what appears to be one female OBD socket on the end of a short cable that is terminated with two pins (one for each of locations 8 and 9). But - for the record - a few moments sleuthing confirmed that the ECU connector is a J2 type from Aptiv (formerly Delphi) and that you can buy pins for it (Delphi 12084912) for pennies. Ironically, the shipping cost is a bit more, but overall still cost effective.

So it may take a few more days before I can start looking into Easimap, but at least it won't have cost much to add a compatible, working OBD socket.

James

Doctor
Doctor's picture

Result!