Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pic of K R400 with bonnet cutout? Anyone?

anthonym

I am wondering about what air filter arrangement and what it looks like. 

I'd really like to reproduce the classic double K&N arrangement, but no info about whether that can be made to work.

Failing that is it Pipercross or ITG air filter and is it possible it as as simple as a deeper (higher) version of the standard Caterham part?

I would prefer to avoid having to engage in drilling etc.

Come to think of it is there a standard R400 air filter to fit on the existing base plate?

and in parts we have this: 

https://caterhamparts.co.uk/other/814-air-filter-rover-throttle-bodies.html?search_query=R400+air&results=153

8E24F53F-3B23-4E84-AD3B-874F26DD4C6C.thumb.jpeg.d145be76d953ad03226000f16487b06a.jpeg 814-air-filter-rover-throttle-bodies.htm

Anthony 

Yes here is my original one:

03D2CF35-360B-4BE5-980B-E12A168EE19B.thumb.jpeg.49d35fed305992c6fac782520b872a03.jpeg
sadly ruined internally by age and replaced with one from CC that no longer says R500. 

My trumpets are as original. I'd like a half sausage that fits nicely in to the R400 cut out bonnet I have ordered from Bruce. 

How or from who I achieve that is the underlying question.

When you say "classic double K&N arrangement", do you mean something like this.  

C7AJMEngineBayMocal.jpg.65d21a45d5eba36aafb83abe917aaceb.jpg

These are Jenvey TBs with a Pipercross sock filter per pair (no backplate on the TBs/trumpets).  They fit under a bonnet without a cutout.

This on a 200bhp K-series.  Not sure how well they'd work out of the box on an R500 without mapping work.

Hi, plan is to have cutout to get fresh air. It seems the standard half sausage will also fit as standard from some few non ideal pics I have seen.

Yes this would be mapped.

The K&N idea is purely for looks and may not be practical in the first Instance due to it being project creep.