Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Premier power F155 and F175 upgrades

mossy7

Mossy7, I am after similar info - I fancy an upgrade of the power of my Sigma without extra weight or changing the car!  Something around 180bhp to give ~300bhp/t (have a lardy SV) would suit perfectly.

I believe Garth and AndyD of this parish both have circa 200bhp upgrades by Jeff Wilson at HWR Motorsport; maybe they could comment.

Are there any other alternatives - the PP options look superb but are pricey (yes, I know quality ain't cheap etc...!)

Hi Andy, I recently had my Supersport upgraded to the Premier Power F200 and I have to say it is awesome! Stuart Creswell did a brilliant professional job and it transforms the car into 420R performance levels without the weight of the Duratec. Give him a call, he will be happy to talk you thrugh the options

Dave

Hi Mossy7

I spent a good deal of time with Stuart at Premier - he was very helpful and from the work of his I have seen I think it is excellent - I could not afford Stuart at the time so went with Jeff at HWR who was highly recommended by several other members as a great engine builder. I think Stuart has more experience with the Sigma engine and his upgrades are also desiged for the Caterham so his overall package is tidier than what HWR did for me.

I love the high revving nature of my upgraded Sigma, but no match for the Duratec when it comes to torques!

I also changed the ratios on my 5 speed type 9 for a much longer first and slightly longer second. It has made my car much better on the track as I always felt first was far to short and with more power you really do have to snatch for second too soon? Makes getting off the mark quickly more difficult though and slow stop start traffic is also a pain!

Be very happy to chat about my experiences.

Garth

I only made the comment as I thought Stuart had stopped doing the upgrades.

It was a cryptic comment as I am in the midst of fitting the EcoBoost to a car and am offering the upgrade packages to customers - see my advert in this months Low Flying.

Power for £ there is no comparison with a stock engine.  225bhp and 268lbft

Upgrade the turbo only and its 300bhp and 308lbft.   Stock 1.6 EcoBost which is the same block as the Sigma!

Anyway I will let this continue now as a Sigma thread.

I can also fully endorse Premier Power and Stuart's work.  I have the F175 upgrade and I love it - nice smooth power delivery and a cracking good engine/exhaust note.  Stuart's also a pleasure to do business with - he even washes the car before handing it back!

I have a Premier Power F175 upgrade. 

i am loving it. The Premier Power F175 has really transformed my 7 into something very special. The power delivery is instant, very smooth and a joy to drive across the whole rev range.

As mentioned in previous posts I too can provide nothing but praise for Stuart's work and for the quality of the Premier Power product.

• 2 months later...

Finally, after having to postpone two previous dates, I got to drive the F200. What can I say - except - wow I want one.What a car - obviously 200 bhp in a Caterham is very useful - but how smooth, how consistent, what performance and can be driven from very low revs in any gear to full throttle acceleration - and what fast/instant response. Sounds lovely as well. No delay noted in any of the gears and very tractable even when stuck in slow traffic.

And as for Stuart Cresswell, what a knowledgeable, informative chap - fantastic looking finished engines and judging by the engines in the workshop and workshop conditions a first class engine builder. Unfortunately, I think that the F200 is beyond my means and I will have to focus on accruing funds for an F175 upgrade - all donations gratefully accepted.