Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R300 k series

Cookie Monster

Thx all. It's an EU2.

I am having problems where the fuel pump will not prime - a load of clicking from the MFRU but nothing else. The problem is the issue is happening so infrequently that it might be months before it does it again - even assuming that it's the MFRU in the first place.

So it thought I would get an eBay cheapy one as a poss "get out of jail" fix

Andrew and I did a load of work on mapping the internals of EU2 and EU3 a few months back. The schematics are er... somewhere on the website and I can't remember the pin configurations off the top of my head. If you find them, you can get a multimeter to buzz the terminals for continuity and see if you can emulate the lack of fuel pump feed on the bench.

I don't have a spare YWB10022 yellow label MFRU any more, as I sold it to a club member as a spare, but I do have one of the later MFRUs spare somewhere. I bought it from eBay for naff all to mess around with. If the pinouts match your MFRU, you can have it. *smile*

Oz

Just realised the weekend after next is Stoneleigh - are you going?

Replaced the following so take your pick:

Plugs, dizzy & rotor arm

Leads

TPS

Crank sensor

Fuel filter - most likely this as fuel was black & flow was erratic

I have adopted the "step away now" principle as it now works

Quite agree, if it's now working, leave it alone.

Assuming dry weather (we live in hope), I'm intending to go on the Sunday. Not interested in the usual meet at McDonald's though, as I prefer a proper well done bacon roll at Stoneleigh, not the rubber stuff they dish out!

Oz..

• 2 years later...