Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400D Specs

W2TKY

Evening guys,

Always a minefield asking question's like this on a owner's forum, and I've used the search functions several times that makes it clear as mud.

As an enthusiastic owner of an 2007 R400D I'd love to know what where the specs of the engine? Is it a standard powerplant, and are items like the Stack Dash, 6speed and LSD standard, or an option.

Thanks guys and all the best for 2021.

Mark

In terms of the engine, a 2007 car is quite early and one of the first CPT branded engines. It would have had standard rods and pistons but probably ARP rod bolts, with a Raceline wet sump. The head was a standard casting with standard valves and Raceline 210 cams using aftermarket springs. It had an aluminium plenum with rover throttlebody. It would have come with the six speed box as standard and most likely fitted with a Quaife ATB diff. The Stack dash was an option.

The spec of my 2008 R400D is pretty much as David set out in #2.  6-speed, LSD (Quaife ATB in my case) and Raceline wetsump were standard, with Stack optional. My order sheet describes the engine as "2.0 Caterham Motorsport Duratec - 210bhp".  The flywheel was the lightened Cosworth item (CC P/N 58164).

JV