Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400K - Trackday noise limits

Blackmamba

Hi

I have a 2003 R400 K-series, standard apart from the Cat bypass. I would like to book some trackdays and wanted to get an idea of static and drive-by noise as I suspect I won't get on to quite a few of the days.

Does anyone have recent experience of noise issues / success at circuits? Looks like the noise limits on some circuits depend on the day.

Thanks

• Leadership Team

I had the same concern when I began track days.

Apparently there's an App you can get which turns your smart phone into a noise meter, but I don't know how accurate it is.

The real problem, as I understand it, is that the noise level of your car varies with the temperature an humidity, so what might scrape through one day, wont make it another day.

Organisers do understand the predicament, and will do all they can to help, like in my case, once "identifying a rattle in the car that wasn't the exhaust noise" *wink* .  They'll also sometimes tell you not to push your foot all the way down on the loud pedal. 

I'm sure others far more experienced than I, will give their views, but, ultimately, it's our responsibility to keep within the regulations. *grumpy*