Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacement cooling hose K series 1800

r300chris

I'm doing the coolant mod and decided to change thermostat at same time, that's when I noticed cracking on the J pipe, other 2 rad hoses changed last year, so just want to change the one hose at moment. But realise that they may start to crack again soon. So will look to change to silicon next year.

Thanks for the offer for second hand pipe, mine's not too bad so will use that again if I have to.

Chris

Are you putting a PRRT in Chris ?

If so you will probably have to butcher the hoses.

I may have some spare used ones knocking about that you can have until such time as you go silicone .. or CC are back in supply.

However, unlikley to be able to lay my hands on them this weekend.

Ah yes, Nifty makes a good point. I was fitting a full set of SFS hoses while doing the coolant hose mod, but not fitting a PRRT. I still had to chop up one of the hoses but SFS were generous with their lengths. I have a spare Y-piece as well as a full set of used rubber hoses that you are welcome to hack up and experiment with.

Chaps, another query I have is regarding the connection of the hose from water rail to heater and from heater to thermostat housing.

Looking at an old assembly guide from Caterham, they have a error on page 88 which contradicts how they should be connected. It shows a picture of inlet hose at top and outlet hose at the bottom for the connection to the valve to the heater. Wheras the words say the other way round. So i've started looking at pictures of engines and most of them appear to be connected with top hose going to thermostat housing and water rail connected to bottom hose as the inlet. (only thing is if the heater rad works like main engine rad, heat at top cold at bottom, in theory the interior heater should be connected same way in at top ?. anyone know right way ? *confused*