Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Scuttle panel on 2010 SV

Garth

Have removed the top of my scuttle by drilling out the rivets connecting it to the vertical panel etc. The seal at the base of this vertical panel (between it and the horizontal panel over the foot well) was pretty ropey so I have been cleaning it up which is a bit of a mission!

I have just seen some pics on Facebook which suggest that this vertical panel is not actually fixed to the chassis but just slots into a gap between the chassis and another panel? Can anyone confirm if this is correct? This being the case it would be much easier to remove it completely to clean it up properly - could even give it  nice new coat of spray paint and then reseal easily?

Looked at the pic on the Caterham parts website and this looks straight, but not the best pic.

Thanks

Garth

Yes mine is like that, the only thing holding it in now (as I have also drilled out the rivets) is the sealant where the vertical panel joins the horizontal panel on the engine bay side and the fuse box along with few other electrical components.

The folded slot where the bulkhead fits into and covers the two holes in the lower edge of the bulkhead I drilled through as near to where these holes are and put in two self tappers to ensure that when unscrewing the rivnuts and removing the scuttle the sealant would not be disturbed. I hope this helpful and makes more sense than my earlier comment. 

Brian