Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Side exhaust for a 420R

Tom Scanlan

Hi,

I have just bought a S3 420R, my first 7, which came with a rear exhaust which no doubt will be ideal for track days, but I wanted to fit a side exit exhaust for every day use with the ability to swap back to the original system on occasion. 

I would be grateful if anyone could advise on a good option for this and if it would affect the engine running, noise or performance. I was recommended to Race Co who seem very knowledgeable and helpful and wondered if anyone has any advise to give before I take the plunge.

Thanks Tom

• Leadership Team

Hi Tom

I have an R500 which is pretty similar to yours in the exhaust department.  I replaced my standard exhaust (cat and silencer) with a cat bypass pipe and a Raceco silencer.  Best to go for both pieces. 

You won't go wrong if you commit to a Raceco - Mike Riley makes then to a very high standard, they are easily repackable and they help lower exhaust-related noise levels quite significantly.

You'll see my car on the Raceco site - it's the green one in some of the pictures.

James

My last car had a Raceco bought thro Ammo the previous owner of the brand, and it was a lovely well made piece of art, however the last 3 I've seen have not been so, as can be seen from the home page link below the weld quality would not to me be acceptable considering the investment that's required to own one.

https://racecoexhausts.co.uk/