Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trying to find OBD port on R400D

mph

Hello folks,

As per the subject. I've looked everywhere! I've practically climbed into the dashboard to see if there's one in there, to no avail. Is it possible my 2012 R400D doesn't have an OBD port? The ECU doesn't clearly say 9A4 on it — so perhaps it has some sort of different port?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--Mark

02E9FA0E-A703-4F64-90F6-26601F54920F.thumb.jpeg.776916661e3d44b70b59d161747307a7.jpeg

I appreciate this is w.r.t to a 420, however it might be the same.

On the 420

If you have the external isolation switch the port is very close to the steering column and should be immediately visible.  However if you don't have the external isolation switch, then its behind the side protection panel, above your right knee as you sit in the car, it's immediately behind the large rubber grommet.  Pull that out and you should see it.

On the R400 the diagnostics is part of the loom, so it would have been there. It's possible it has been removed, or more likely something may be plugged into it to extend or adapt it. It should be in the steering colum area, normally on the right hand side - follow the ignition switch leads back and it should be the first branch off that at around 10 - 20 cm.

• 2 weeks later...