Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2019 - Trackday Programme - all events now open for booking

Trackdays

All our 2019 events are now open for booking - the link to the booking pages is: here

Since our last trackday event at Anglesey in October James, Dave and I have been putting the finishing touches on next year’s Trackday Programme. We would like to thank you all for your strong support this year and we look forward to joining you on some great days on the track in the coming year.

Our 2019 trackday calendar includes some old favourites, several new circuits or circuits that are new in the Clubs recent history and visits to some circuits at a different time of the year. 

Our programme features a Novice Day along with a mix of Club-exclusive full days and a number of events where we will be offering Club-exclusive sessions on dates that are shared with other organisations.  Some of our days will be run as Open Pit Lane but, in line with the Club ethos and recognising the growing number of less-experienced members taking part, there will also be a number of events where we will start in Sessions (grouped according to ability and experience) before moving to Open Pit Lane.  Wherever we go there will be the usual Club camaraderie – a social event ahead of the Trackday, our friendly instructors, the Lotus 7 Club Buddy system where appropriate, the ESV in attendance when possible and the usual Seven-related banter.  We will continue do our best to provide our ‘Club Trackday experience’ at the lowest possible cost – aiming to make only a modest surplus– so great value for everyone.

As we continue to increase the number of participants every year, we start, 2019 with our Novice Day at the very popular Castle Coombe circuit, with lots of instruction for novices along with dedicated sessions for experienced drivers. We then move onto three of our favourite circuits, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit. This is followed by a few tweaks and changes to the calendar, heading out to East Anglia to Snetterton Circuit for our first day time session at this circuit in many years.  Then we head North West to the wonderful Anglesey Circuit, in mid-summer this year which will be combined with a great opportunity to extend the trip and make a holiday of it and drive around North Wales for a day or two. We have been lucky enough to secure Croft Circuit for the first time, in late August. Another opportunity to drive on a fast and interesting circuit and also if you wish, to have a day or two after the event exploring the north of England. We’ll finish the year with a trip down south to drive on the Brands Hatch Indy circuit for the first time as a Club for several years.

The calendar is as follows so get the dates in your diary:

Castle Combe - Novice Day -Tuesday 16thApril: Club Exclusive day with dedicated sessions for experienced drivers.   A day for all newcomers at this popular circuit

Cadwell Park - Tuesday 7thMay: Club Exclusive day at what many claim as the best Seven circuit in the UK.

Oulton Park - Tuesday 4thJune:Club-exclusive Sessions (20 mins every hour) on a day organised by MSV.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - Thursday 27thJune: Club-exclusive Sessions  (20 mins every hour) on a day organised by MSV at this brilliant Circuit.                           

Snetterton - Tuesday 23rdJuly: Club-exclusive Sessions (20 mins every hour) on a day organised by MSV.

Anglesey Monday - 12thAugust: Club-exclusive Sessions (40 mins every hour) at this wonderful Circuit on a day that we will be sharing with our friends at MG on Track.     

Croft - Friday 30thAugust: Club-exclusive Sessions (40 mins every hour) on a day that we will be sharing with the MX-5 Owners Club.

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - Tuesday 1stOctober: Club-exclusive Sessions (20 mins every hour) on a day organised by MSV. 

And, as a new development, we have made all of these events open to book at the same time – a chance to get in early and secure places at your favourite venues!

Watch out for further news in the coming weeks.         

The three of us look forward to seeing you in 2019 and enjoying the trackdays with you.

Simon, James and Dave.

On which days will it be possible to hire cars on an "arrive and drive" basis?

- Even though I have cut off every gram I could (within sort of reason at least) I think it would be difficult to bring my own as luggage on the plane to England...

• Support Team

rj - there are a few companies such as Boss Racing, PT Sports Cars, etc. who could provide a car for you. As they are in the South East, one of the closer circuits would probably work out most cost effective - Brands Hatch being the obvious one! The requirements to attend a club track day are that you are a member and that you will be driving a Caterham or Lotus 7 - it doesn't have to be your own Caterham :-)

Shaun,

Thanks.

I am already trying to sort out something with great help from Simon.

I would love to have a go at Brands Hatch on the GP circuit but not sure the ends will meet. However doing a club trackday is on the todo list.

rj...I think the "arrive and drive" was maybe book-a-track, but are they going away from Caterham's now ? the independent ones I can think of are Boss racing And

SW racing don't have any experience of either for car hire or what circuits they cover though. Shame the luggage allowance wont be enough to bring your own car but keep shaving those grams off  *thumb_up*

• 2 weeks later...