WightBlat returns... April 2022...

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
SiCrad
SiCrad's picture
WightBlat returns... April 2022...

Hello everyone.

This is a sentence I didn't think I would be writing but WightBlat is coming back for 2022… We tried to kill it but you good people refused to let us!

We have a new venue for next year which is Norton Grange Coastal Village, part of the Warner Hotels group https://www.warnerleisurehotels.co.uk/hotels/norton-grange-holiday-village.

We have arranged with them to expect a group of Caterham 7s on the weekend of April 8th-11th next year. You will note this is a Friday to Monday deal.

We have not made any bookings in terms of blocking space for us because we don’t know how popular this resurrection will be. Therefore, the venue is currently open to other guests. We advise that if you do wish to come along to experience all that the Island, and WightBlat, has to offer (except Waltzing Waters which unlike us is not back from the dead) then you should consider booking your place as soon as possible in order to guarantee it.

Here are the rates that we have negotiated (Alex did this so it may not be a massive deal – in fact the price may have gone up when they saw him):

• Garden Suite: £495
  • Premier Chalet: £348
  • Standard Chalet (with patio): £363
  • Standard Chalet £318
  • Standard Single Chalet: £159

All prices are per chalet and each chalet, bar the Single, accommodates two people. The prices are for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast – so half board. And i should add that all bookings are covered by a COVID guarantee.

When booking, you will need to tell them that you need a ferry to get across. They will book the crossing (on Wightlink) for you on either route across the Solent (Portsmouth to Fishbourne or Lymington to Yarmouth). Please bear in mind that the Yarmouth crossing is closest to Norton Grange, and the quicker of the two, but the boats are much smaller on that route and getting to Lymington can be slow.

The period ferry return will cost you £45, per vehicle, on top of the accommodation cost.

Our suggestion is that you call the venue on 01983 760323 and ask for reservations (they also use 0330 135 9577). In our experience it is much easier to book and sort out ferry crossings in particular by phone.

That’s about it for now. We will post more details over the next few months. Hope to see friends old and new on the Island in April.

The WightBlatters, Alex and Simon (aka "Alex and his team", where team = me)

Golf Juliet Tango

Well done Simon and Alex.

I shall have to check my diary!

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

SiCrad
SiCrad's picture

I've just been advised (by master negotiator Alex...) that their pricing can fluctuate over time - with demand I presume - so while they're the prices we've been quoted, if you leave this a few weeks then it may be more costly.

Cheers Stephen, hope you get booked and we'll see you here/there.

Stuck between the Devil and the blue skies yonder

pugwash
pugwash's picture

Booked!  Will be my first WightBlat!  Excited already.
[For info, if you feel the need to use Red Funnel ferries (Southampton to Cowes) they can also book that for you for £60 return.]

barry watts
barry watts's picture

I must admit when I heard last week that two dinosaurs had been discovered on the Isle of Wight whether Wightblat would be resurrected.  Really good to hear about this.

Baz.

Piers300
Piers300's picture

We have been to three WightBlat's and on every one, the f******  car has broken down.

The problem was eventually fixed, but I don't want to push my luck.

It's a great event, so well done bringing it back to life.

To any one considering going on it, just book it and you will have a lot of fun.

Piers

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Buy a Morgan Piers  ,they don't break down ,just take a while to start 

derek 

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Buy a Morgan Piers  ,they don't break down ,just take a while to start 

derek 

Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture

Did most of the original WBs, including the 1st one.

All were a huge amount of fun, with some great blatting roads (early start though!) and so well organised by Alex, Simon and the whole team. 

But for the lack of a Seven, I would be back like a shot. I strongly advise you not to miss out on this superb event.

nic.day
nic.day's picture

Bloody good show chaps, 

I am sure the inner snob will be happy as you gentlemen have great taste (I can almost taste the sarcasm)

but looking forward to it.

No idea what to write here??!!!

Budjuggler
Budjuggler's picture

Is this another hi de hi holiday camp?  

Rofl

Brewery piss-up organiser