Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec 360 oil filer

Speedtrip

It's this one you want:

UFI 23 118 00

there are others that will fit as well but the UFI one is quite shallow so doesn't protrude to far out and is therefore less at risk of being hit. Opie oils used to do them but you could probably google it and find others that will also supply.

Tom

Your car won’t need a oil change as it’s a modern engine take a look at Ford service intervals ! Are  Caterham doing the first service nut and bolt check ? If so leave it till they have it .

Oil is clever stuff these days it can be tested to see what's going on in your engine if you change it to early there won't be any evidence of possible problems .

• Area Representative

UFI 23.118.00 is I believe no longer available or very difficult to source.

Direct replacement is MANN W177 available from a Halfords near you with 10% off.

Over the counter the Halfords ref number is: 501745159.

I agree with JNC about the fact that the engine is a modern Ford & in ordinary circumstances yes leave alone till the scheduled oil change.

BUT remember the engines come out of the crate at Dartford & are stripped down to a certain degree to be fettled for the application required which cancels out the 'clinical cleanliness' of the Ford engine production line.

I changed my R400D oil & filter at 1000 miles & surprise, surprise there were small lumps of black silicone sealant trapped in the scavenge filter which resides at the rear LHS of the dry sump.

For the cost of an oil change + filter I would recommend the job at 1000 miles......cannot do any harm.

Thanks for all the responses...

The question of whether to change the oil seems to always drum up differences of opinion. GB story of his experience with his R400D is certainly a good reason to change. Does anyone know whether CC do anything to the 360 Duratec engine which could cause an issue or is it internally stock?

Good question.  They fit hotter cams and an alloy sump (wet or dry).  The latter will mean replacing the black silicone sump sealant (bits of which appear to have become detached in Geoff's R400D).  They may also fit the optional lightened flywheel (standard on the 360R, I think).  I'm not sure, but they may also fit ARP bolts on the big-end caps (or is that just the 420/R400D?).  None of that ought to affect the oil-change schedule.

JV

A valid point made re the black silicone but have you seen the inside of a wet sump and how it's baffled  ? Even after the first oil change you aren't guarantied the silicone would come out if there was any ! If you are interested I can post a photo of the inside of a wet sump.

Really? What tintops have scheduled oil changes at over 30K miles? Non of the cars I've bought in recent years do that. Even the diesel I had was around 20K, the two petrols I have now are on 10k and 16K miles or 1 year, whichever is soonest.

There's no way I wouldn't do the 7 every year, especially with a TD or two. For the cost it isn't worth the risk.